Our number one priority at Flying Iron Axe Throwing, LLC, is to provide our customers with a safe setting in which to enjoy the sport of Indoor Axe Throwing. We always strive to make our customers’ safety our primary responsibility. So, it is imperative that all safety rules be strictly followed as we require all employees and guests to adhere to the following safety instructions and lane rules.
- Guests may Not be Intoxicated while in the Flying Iron Axe Throwing, LLC facility.
- Closed Toe Shoes and a shirt must be worn by guests at all time while in the Flying Iron facility.
- Guests may bring their own food or beverage, including alcoholic beverages (only beer or wine) into the Club provided they do not impair the customer’s ability to follow the rules and, provided further, customers must follow all laws related to alcoholic beverages.
- Flying Iron reserves the right to deny or withdraw service to customers who abuse the privilege of bringing their own food or beverage and/or do not follow the rules.
- Customer and spectators must always be in control of themselves.
- Spectators may not throw or handle axes at any time.
- Guests must handle the axe in a safe manner and always be aware of their surroundings. Do not Gesture with the axe, swing the axe, or flip the axe.
- Axes may not be removed from the assigned throwing lane.
- The Axe is to be placed into the holder and not handed to another Participant.
- Only One Thrower may enter the throwing lane at a time.
- All other Participants not throwing must remain behind the Yellow Line until it is their turn to throw.
- Only One Axe is permitted per lane.
- Only one- or two-handed overhead throws are permitted.
- Guests must keep all body parts off the fencing of the throwing lane partitions at all times.
- Guests must wear clean and dry clothes.
- Flying Iron reserves the right to refuse service to any person who does not follow all of the rules or has demonstrated reluctance or failure to follow the rules.
- Rules are established for the customer’s safety and the safety of all spectators, visitors and employees in the facility. Failure to follow the rules may cause immediate ejection from Club and forfeiture of all payments and fees paid to Flying Iron Axe Throwing, LLC.
- Flying Iron Axe Throwing, LLC reserves the right to modify, edit and add additional rules as necessary, written or oral, to provide a safe setting to enjoy indoor axe throwing at Flying Iron.
FLYING IRON AXE THROWING, LLC
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION AND LIABILITY WAIVER
MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT, RULES AND SAFETY
To be eligible for a Flying Iron Axe Throwing Club membership, a candidate must be at least 18 years of age. The Club does not discriminate against candidates for membership based on gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, or creed.
MEMBERSHIP DUES: The Membership Fee of $10 per person is included in your first reservation rate and are sold on an annual basis in the same manor. A temporary guest or spectator pass is $5 per visit. The temporary guest pass is only good for 2 hrs. The Club reserves the right to increase membership dues for new or renewing members on an annual basis. All charges, dues, and fees are billed directly to the member and can be made by cash or credit card.
The Club reserves the right to change modify, in its sole and absolute discretion, its standard operating hours at any time. The Club reserves the right, in its sole and exclusive discretion, to close the Club for Private Events during standard operating hours. The Club may be booked for a private event at any time outside of the operating season or standard operating hours. Club Staff reserve the right to refuse or discontinue service to anyone at any time with or without a reason.
Members and their guests shall be mindful of their behavior and how it affects other members and the public. To avoid noise complaints from nearby residents, members and guests whose behavior is deemed to be loud, inappropriate, and/or offensive may be asked to leave the Club.
VERBAL ABUSE: Our staff treats all members and their guests with the utmost respect, and the Club insists that our members and their guests treat such staff and other members with the same courtesy. Under no circumstances whatsoever shall the Club tolerate abusive, violent, destructive, and/or harassing behavior from a member or their guest(s). If such behavior occurs, the Club reserves the right to remove the member and their guest(s) from the premises immediately.
Each Member, and each of his or her guests, must bring a valid form of identification every time they visit the Club. This is required by state and local law enforcement and is not subject to any exception. Valid forms of identification include a state-issued driver’s license or identification card, passport, or military ID. IDs must not be expired or damaged.
LOST/STOLEN ITEMS: We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
DAMAGE: Members and their guests shall be respectful of Club property, and shall not steal, damage, or vandalize such property. If a member damages any item of Club property, his or her account shall be billed for all damage caused thereby, and the Club may cancel their membership with no proration or refund of their reservation or membership dues. Likewise, if any guest or child of a member damages any item of Club property, the account of the member who sponsored such guest or child shall be billed for all damage caused by his or her guest, and the Club may cancel the sponsoring member’s membership with no proration or refund of reservation or membership dues.
FOOD: Members and their guests may bring their own meals and beverages to the Club, provided that his or her items are kept neat and the consuming member or guest cleans up after him or herself.
ALCOHOL: Members and their guests may bring beer or wine into the Club at any time. Members may not consume any alcoholic beverage if they are not at least 21 years of age. If a member is found to be drinking alcohol while not at least 21 years of age, their membership will be immediately revoked, and they will be asked to leave the club. No member shall bring hard liquor or mixed drinks to the Club and any member or guests seen with hard liquor or mixed drinks will be removed from the premises immediately. Open alcohol containers may not be removed from the Club from any entry or exit. Members assume all liability regarding open container laws in the state of Ohio if this rule is not followed. Members and guests shall not pass alcoholic beverages to minors or anyone who does not have a valid ID.
PHOTOGRAPHS, VIDEOS AND RECORDINGS: I release any and all photos/videos taken of me and/or my child/ward at Flying Iron Axe Throwing, LLC. I acknowledge that Flying Iron Axe Throwing, LLC will own such Images and further grant Flying Iron Axe Throwing, LLC permission to print, copyright, publish, use, distribute, modify, display and reprint such images in any manner whatsoever related to Flying Iron Axe Throwing, LLC business, including without limitation, brochures, website images, publications, advertisements or other electronic displays and transmissions thereof. I further wave any right to inspect or approve the use of the Images by Flying Iron Axe Throwing, LLC prior to its use. I forever release and hold Flying Iron Axe Throwing, LLC harmless from any and all liability arising out of the use of the Images in any manner or media whatsoever and waive any and all claims and causes of action relating to use of the Images, including without limitations, claims for invasion of privacy rights or publicity. Members and their guests may take photographs, provided the volume or nature of such photography does not adversely affect the environment or the enjoyment of other guests, in which case, Staff may request that such photography be discontinued.
FURNITURE: Members and their guests are invited to enjoy the Club’s furniture, but shall not move the furniture, or spread out in a manner that restricts other members and their guests from finding seating or accessing walkways. Walkways shall have thirty-six inches (36”) of clearance at all times.
MINORS: A Member may bring their children ages 13-17 with them at any time to participate under their supervision. Once the child reaches 18 years of age, they must apply for their own membership.
This Membership Agreement may be amended from time to time at the sole and absolute discretion of the Club.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER AND ASSUMPTION RISK
In consideration of the services of Flying Iron Axe Throwing LLC, an Ohio Limited Liability Company, for themselves, their owners, directors, administrators, agents, assigns, officers, affiliates, employees, volunteers, participants, and any party or parties who claim a right or interest through them (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Flying Iron” or “Releasees”, I, the Participant, hereby release, indemnify, and discharge Flying Iron, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my wards, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate from any and all claims of whatever nature arising out of or related to participation in activities of any kind at the Flying Iron facilities (hereinafter referred to as “The Activity”) including but not limited to the following:
- In consideration for participating in the activities on the date as set out below, which consideration is hereby expressly accepted and acknowledged, myself as the Participant, I HEREBY RELEASE, ACQUIT, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE, WITHOUT QUALIFICATION OR LIMITATION AND HOLD HARMLESS, Flying Iron and all Releasees, from any and all claims I may now and/or in the future may have against Flying Iron, and from any and all liability, for any personal injury, death and/or property damage, expense, and/or loss sustained by the Participant, incurred on his/her account as a result of the Participant’s participation in the Activity due to any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to and without limitation, negligence, gross negligence, willful misconduct, including the failure to take reasonable steps to safeguard or protect myself, risk, dangers, and/or hazards of participating in the Activity, and/or breach of statutory or other duty, including duties arising from the occupier’s liability legislation and further agrees that if, despite this release, the Participant or any other person makes a claim on the Participant’s behalf against any of the Releasees, the undersigned will indemnify, save and hold harmless each of the Releasees from any Liability, Litigation Expenses, Attorney Fees, Losses, Damages or costs that any may incur as the result of any such claim, whether asserted by the Undersigned, the Participant or any other Person.
- The Participant Acknowledges and Accepts that the Activity is inherently risky and dangerous, and exposes the Participant to the possibility of personal injury including but limited to, getting hit by an axe anywhere on your person, axe dropped on toes, various tripping hazards, all the before mentioned is by no means meant to be all inclusive of said hazards one may incur, also include possible death, property damage and/or loss resulting therefrom. Risks may arise out of contact and/or participation with other Participants, equipment and other mishaps. Risks may be caused by the Participant’s own actions, or inaction, the actions or inaction of other participants, the condition of the facility in which the Activities take place, and/or the negligence of the Releasees. Some risks cannot be predicted or controlled. There may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time.
- Participants must acknowledge the dangers of the Activity and participation in axe throwing must be done at the participant’s own risk. In any event, if you or your child is injured, you or your child may require medical assistance, at your own expense. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
- I will complete and sign an Incident Report Form provided to me by Flying Iron before I leave the Flying Iron facility if I am injured or witness any injury to person or property.
- It is agreed and understood that the Participant commences such an action, or takes such proceedings, and the Releasees are added to such proceeding in any manner whatsoever, whether justified in law or not, the Participant will immediately discontinue the proceedings and/or claims. This Release of Liability, Waiver, and Assumption of Risk shall operate conclusively as an estoppel in the event of any claim, action, complaint or proceeding which might be brought in the future by the Participant with respect to the matters covered by this Release of Liability, Waiver, and Assumption of Risk. This Release of Liability, Waiver, and Assumption of Risk may be pleaded in the event any such claim, action, complaint or proceeding is brought, as a complete defense and reply, and may be relied upon in any proceeding to dismiss the claim, action, complaint or proceeding on a summary basis and no objection will be raised by the Participant in any subsequent action that the other parties in the subsequent action were not privy to formation of this Release.
- The Participant hereby agrees that this Release of Liability, Waiver, and Assumption of Risk will be governed by applicable local Laws and that any dispute arising from this Release of Liability, Waiver, and Assumption of Risk will be adjudicated by the State of Ohio.
- In the event I file a lawsuit against Flying Iron, I agree to do so solely in the state of Ohio, and I further agree that the substantive law of Ohio shall apply to that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
I, THE UNDERSIGNED PARTICIPANT, HEREBY CERTIFY THAT I AM AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD, THAT I HAVE HAD SUFFICIENT OPPORTUNITY TO COMPLETELY READ AND UNDERSTAND THE RULES AND THIS AGREEMENT AND ITS TERMS. I, THE UNDERSIGNED PARENT/GUARDIAN HEREBY CERTIFY THAT I UNDERSTAND THE RISKS FOR ANY MINOR PARTICIPANTS, THAT THE MINOR PARTICIPANT IS AT LEASE 13 YEARS OLD AND THAT I HAVE COMPLETELY READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND TERMS AND THAT I HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS AGREEMENT PRIOR TO SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT. I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, I ASSUME ALL RISKS. I ACKNOWLEDGE FLYING IRON AXE THROWING, LLC WOULD NOT ALLOW ME TO PARTICIPATE IN ACTIVITIES AT FLYING IRON’S FACILITY IF I DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE PARTICIPANTS AGREEMENT, RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK. I WAIVE AND RELEASE CERTAIN RIGHTS THAT I AND EACH OF MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, FAMILY, RELATIVES, GUARDIANS, CONSERVATORS, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, TRUSTEES AND ASSIGNS MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES: Flying Iron Axe Throwing, LLC 670 W. Coshocton St Johnstown, OH 43013.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THE BALANCE, NOT WITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT